Monday, September 22, 2008

My new Okedo!


I love my new drum. Our crew got to bed at 4am Saturday but that didn't stop Beth and I from getting up 5 hours later to see our taiko group play in a festival the next day. I got to play my okedo a little!! I'm so in love! I just want to play!

I'm not ready to be home yet! Jet lag is hard.

Things that are great:
lots of fresh fruit and vegetables (yay! the digestive system is beginning to work again!)
giving out omiyage to all my friends and telling lots of stories
seeing my taiko buddies and getting lots of warm welcomes
chatting with kasa folks on facebook
detoxing off carbs, sugar, and salt
getting more than 5 hours of sleep - starting to feel myself again!

Things that are hard:
wanting to pass out at 2pm
not knowing where Beth, Matt, and Joy are at any given moment
seeing 249 email messages in my inbox at work
looking at my overstuffed suitcases leaking out all over every flat surface of my apartment
not being surrounded by asian faces
having my attention be on getting things done versus connecting and relating to people

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The 30 seconds I spent with your okedo made me want to play more okedo! You got yourself a wonderful toy!

I can't wait to see the other toys that people got.