Sunday, January 18, 2009

On the Road to DC!


Tanya and Greg -- the 'morning after' a $524 karaoke bill!

Beth, Matt, Karen, Greg, and Tanya took off in a rented van bound for New York where we met up with Mark and Kristen and friends at Drom for the On Ensemble concert. They were amazing to watch - both individually and as an ensemble. I have a new appreciation for what 'ensemble' means. Kaoru and Kelvin played Miyake lower than anyone I've ever seen! After the show we met up hung out with others from Soh Daiko and Taikoza then headed out for Greg's first taste of 'real' ramen (not ramen noodles in the package!) and OF COURSE we had to head out to KARAOKE where we ran up a $524 bill!! Many stories to tell there -- let's just say that I had no idea that Greg could do AC/DC like he did and that Beth has got a sassy side that comes out when she sings I love Rock and Roll! We missed Kristen singing Killing Me Softly by a millisecond as Mark and Kristen and crews friends were heading out the door. Next time Kristen!

No comments: